Here you can find a list of publications on the topic of the history of development, including The History of Development: From Western Origins to Global Faith (1997) by Gilbert Rist....
Here you can find a list of the publications and media appearances on the topic of humanitarian communication done by members of the Expertise Centre Humanitarian Communication. And below that list you can find a catalogue of prominent academic publications on the topic of humanitarian communication, subdivided into ten different subtopics that are relevant to the field. If you want to have the full catalogue at a glance, you can click here.
- Martens, Emiel, and Wouter Oomen. “Saviours, Simulations, Adventures and Changemakers: New Problematic Images of the Racialized Poor in Humanitarian Communication.” In: The Aliens Within: Danger, Disease, and Displacement in Representations of the Racialized Poor. Edited by Geoffroy de Laforcade. In progress.
- Oomen, Wouter, Emiel Martens and Anna Piccoli. “The Neoliberal Workings of ‘The Family Meal’ Campaign: Unfortunate Others, European Citizens, and the Branding of the EU.” European Journal of Cultural Studies (2020): 1-19.
- Martens, Emiel. “Stop Filming Us: de film die inderdaad nooit gemaakt had mogen worden.” OneWorld (April and October 2020).
- Martens, Emiel. “Stop Filming Us: The Film That Indeed Should Never Have Been Made.” ZAM Magazine (May 2020).
- Martens, Emiel, and Wouter Oomen. “Waarom deze ontwikkelingscampagnes echt niet meer kunnen.” OneWorld (June 2020).
- Martens, Emiel, and Wouter Oomen. “Why These Aid Campaigns Need to End.” ZAM Magazine (June 2020).
Television, radio and podcast appearances
- Emiel Martens, and Wouter Oomen. “Beyond Poverty Porn.” Podcast Series. Episode 1. Disrupt Development (June 2020).
- Martens, Emiel, and Wouter Oomen (among others). “Hoe verkoop je een ramp?” Medialogica (September 2020).
- Oomen, Wouter. “Humanitarian Communication Awards.” Radio interview. NPO Radio 1 (June 2018).
- Oomen, Wouter. “Waar gaat het mis met ontwikkelingscampagnes?” Radio interview. Wat het daglicht niet verdragen kan. NPO Radio 1 (July 2020).
- Oomen, Wouter, and Emiel Martens. “Poverty Porn 2.0.” Podcast. Episode 14. Disrupt Development (September 2020).